Friday, June 4, 2010

The world after midnight

I'm up working on school. Well, at the moment I'm taking a little break from being up working on school. I'm very, very sleepy and jittery. It's a weird combination. I'm sleepy because I'm just not made to be up this late. I'm jittery because I drank a whole pot of coffee on my own so I could be up this late. I'm not so sure that was a good idea.

It sure is quiet at my house during this late hour. John and Kita are both asleep and the house is dead silent. I'm not used to that. Even though only two people and a puppy live here it's kind of loud. It's loud in a good way.

I work in the guest bedroom and John pops in about every 30 minutes to check on me. He usually says something funny and then pops back out. I hear his music, his video games, his crazy programming he likes to watch and other stuff he's up to. Now he's sleeping and it's just too quiet. I need to work for a little longer so I'm going to put some tunes on.

I'm also getting hungry. Late night eating is the worst kind of eating but I'm very tempted right now. I'd like to go ahead and fast forward time to December. That's when all this crazy school stuff will be over and you can start calling me Master.

You know, I never knew how much time I really had during the summer until it's been stripped away from me...willingly.




4 comments:

Natalie said...

Imagine my 1 am surprise when I saw a new post from from you. I had too much diet coke earlier and am not tired from caffeine overload. Plus, I actually like the quiet house this late at night. It's the only time I get some time to myself without whining and arm pulling.

The GVZs said...

You are working so hard. I am impressed. I wish I could hang out with you so I could buy you a beer.

Stephanie said...

You are a rock star. I completed my Master's in 18 months and it just about killed me. I didn't even work, just lived off Andy and student loans. You're amazing

Katie said...

just a few more months Master...