Saturday, October 15, 2011

The surrey bike and aircraft carrier

I wrote before how our surrey adventure was my favorite part of our trip. It was so much fun. Our hotel was on the bay side so we rode our surrey to the other side of the island so we could see the ocean.

Here she is...







During our surrey trip I frequently sang, "When I take you out in the surrey with the fringe on top!" That's the only part of the song I know so I was on repeat. John liked it but he thought I was making it up. I guess he's never seen Oklahoma...or When Harry Met Sally.

Here we are on the old aircraft carrier.



We're standing in front of the A-4 which is what John McCain used to fly. The old guy who took our picture told us that if we ever see John McCain we need to yell out, "A-4!" If we do that then he'll stop what he's doing and come talk to us.

So if we ever run into John McCain I'll be sure to not yell out A-4. Just kidding. Have you ever been on an aircraft carrier? It's pretty crazy. If you get the chance to tour one, I say go for it. Unless you're really, really claustrophobic. Then it may not be such a great idea for you.

I'm having difficulty getting the pictures from John's phone onto the computer. You'll probably be reading some random San Diego posts for a little while. These are the three pictures I was able to transfer during this sitting. It took foooorrrrreeevvvvver. So I'm done for now.



1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm really glad you did this post and included pictures, because I actually had no idea what a surrey was. Does that make me ignorant or do I just have a poor vocabulary?

You look positively gorgeous in that surrey picture where you have the sunglasses on. You should enter it into a vacation contest (whatever that means).