Monday, November 23, 2009

Cox should hire me

Our cable provider is Cox. I'm assuming that all cable providers are cool like Cox and rate movies on a scale from one to four stars. I'm OBSESSED with the rating system.

TV watching at our house: We're flipping through the menu looking for something to watch and see that a movie is on. I give a rating and we check to see what Cox has rated it. I'm right about 92% of the time (I just asked John to give me a percentage).

I get stumped sometimes between 3 1/2 and 4 stars. Let's get real here people, they're both superior ratings. Super fantastic movies are about the only ones that stump me. Example, what would you think Forrest Gump would be rated? If you said 4 stars like I did you would be wrong. Cox gave it 3 1/2 stars.

On Saturday the latest Batman was on (The Dark Knight). How many stars do you think that one was? If you said 4 stars (as I did) you would be right.

Maybe everyone has this talent and it's not so impressive. I impress John though. He thinks I need a career change. Me too...it would be a lot less stressful.


2 comments:

Katie said...

I wish comcast had a rating system!

Natalie said...

I was writing an IEP today and said these words out loud to myself...."I gotta get out of this field. I need a new job".

Maybe we could start a company together. You could rate movies and I could cook. Who would hire us?