Tuesday, March 24, 2009

100th Post

Whoa, 100 posts...that's more than a couple. I blog a lot I suppose.

I was thinking about different ideas for my 100th post and John came up with a great one. Since my blog is titled "Mare's Mind" today is going to only be about thoughts that have actually run through my mind.

"Left, left, left, right left."
This goes through my mind sometimes at work when I'm walking somewhere...and I'm a little bored.

"Yes I can...yes I can."
If you were in my mind you would hear this when I'm on the treadmill and getting a little tired. I used to have a lot more mantras I'd shuffle through but after I heard this one I decided to adopt it. It makes my mantras much more streamlined.

In a dream I was having a few nights ago I was talking to the nine year old daughter of a girl I went to high school with. As she was telling me a story she turned into Jason Bateman.

"That skin looks so comfortable."
An explanation is definitely needed here. My skin is so dry and uncomfortable. It itches. It cracks when it's cold outside. It causes unwanted attention and advice for me to use lotion. I always want to say, "Lotion, huh? Awesome. I'll try that."

"I want my snack." This is a daily thought. I'm always ready for my snack.

"Yay...no emails." I think this at work when I check my email and there's not any new messages. I'm not able to have this thought very often.

Once John told me a thought he was having. It was a complicated invention he was thinking of. I started laughing because when his brain was being inventive, my brain was playing the theme song from "Charles in Charge".

Thanks for taking time out of your lives to read my blog. You five to eight people are really awesome.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I seriously remember you hating your dry skin issue. Thanks for letting us in on what really goes on in Mare's Mind!

Katie said...

snack time is my favorite time of the day!

The GVZs said...

It must be in the genes. I too have a wide variety of f'ed up skin conditions. Have you ever tried Aquaphor? It can work wonders.

Jennifer said...

You make me laugh . . . thanks for that . . . I really needed it today

Natalie said...

Yikes! I never even thought about doing something special for my 100th post. Luckily I have 30 more to go until that point. I'll think about it.
I'm on my way to Walgreens to pick up 5 (yes- 5!) new prescriptions for Spencer's eczema. Don't even get me started on the advice we get about that.
Great thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100 blogs. You should have heard all the advice I got about your skin when you were a baby.I was voted worst mother of the decade.But I tried almost everything.
mom

Shireen said...

This is an awesome blog!!! I enjoyed it very much!!!

Anonymous said...

left, left ,left ??? Where are you going?