Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Socially Awkward...

That's me in a nutshell. Sometimes. Like today. If people were just in my brain they would understand.

Here's my awkwardness from today. This cute woman at my work was telling a small group of us how she is going to New York City with her family so they can go to Times Square for New Year's Eve. I said,"Cool. Are you going to wear your Depends?"

She started laughing and said something along the lines that she didn't need to wear them yet. I was like,"Oh no no. I didn't mean that I think you're old." I then explained why I asked her that question.

One of my good friend's has a sister who lived in NYC for awhile and said that Times Square gets so crazy on New Year's Eve that some people wear Depends because they can't easily get to a restroom.

See, if she had been in my brain that question wouldn't have been so weird.


4 comments:

Katie said...

crazily, I knew where you were going with your question. But probably because I have a small bladder and available bathrooms are always on my mind!

And you sooo don't need to opt out of my giveaway!!

Natalie said...

That kind of stuff happens to me all the time. You're not the only one. I cannot think of a single example right now, but it's 11 pm and I've been up since 6 am. I've been effing around with my blog for far too long. Time for bed.

Annie said...

ha! you are too funny!!

Tucker said...

Just wait til she falls and hurts herself and you bust out laughing. HA!