Sunday, November 28, 2010

Friday

John and I spent our Friday after Thanksgiving not fighting the crowds. We decided that we would have a day of fun. Sometimes on these days we'll each write down 3 to 4 activities on a slip of paper and fold them up. Then we'll open them up and we have to do anything that the papers say to do. This always elicits fun had by both of us.

I decided to document Friday's day of fun activities. Number one was going on a bike ride. I brought the camera with us. Just when I decided that we needed to stop for some pictures, a cat decided to come attack us. It was sprinting toward us so I decided the best thing to do was to keep moving. Cats aren't very fast.

While I was doing circles on the street to avoid the attack cat, John let it get close to him.




John let it get really, really close to him. I guess he wants rabies. After the cat decided that it rather lay on the ground and lick itself than to claw our eyes out, we rode passed the goats. They weren't interested in us at all.





Here's an action shot of me on our way home from the bike ride. We saw this one house where this man was putting out their Christmas lights. It looked like an insane amount of lights. I must go back at night to snap some photos.




Our day of fun then led us to the mall. I know, the mall. We had an agenda though. I needed some bare necessities and a book. John needed some cigars. We also needed some appetizers from Majerley's.






Our day of fun ended at our very favorite place around here, Farelli's Cinema Supper Club. We LOVE it. What's not to love? You can eat meals, drink adult beverages and watch cinema all at the same time. Even bad movies are fun to watch when we watch them here. If it ever closes I think we'll cry.

This mini break has been fabulous. I'm getting more and more excited for the big break next month. Bring on the winter holidays.




5 comments:

DreamTNM said...

Look how cute you are on your bike! Fun time! Glad you had a good break! I'm soo looking forward to the winter holidays too!

Natalie said...

What a great idea for doing things together. But where is your helmet lady? TBI's are no fun and quite costly.

Jennifer said...

I was just about to write that you need to wear a helment and then I saw that Natalie beat me to it!

I think your day looks so much more fun than being at the mall. Yeah for you and John!

Finally I just have to say that that cat doesn't look very scary! Perhaps it was different in person!

Jennifer said...

I hate that there is no spell check on the comments . . . aarrggg. . . . . it should be helmet NOT helment! :)

Tucker said...

You are hilarious. I love your random days of fun.

p.s. I am glad the cat did not take your eyeballs =)