Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Details

Last night marked the last major task that my cohort and I had to complete for our Masters. We did our thesis defenses. We still have one more class with some extensive work to finish and we'll need to do corrections to our thesis's. However, I think we all feel like everything left will be no problem compared to yesterday.

For me, the preparation for my thesis defense and then the anxiety I always feel before public speaking are the most difficult aspects of the entire thing. Actually doing the defense wasn't hard at all. As soon as I started speaking I felt like I was just speaking about my experiences throughout my program with friends. I felt very supported.

My awesome co-teacher was there to support us as well. She took pictures (very discreetly) during our presentations. Here's some action shots.










Afterward we went to dinner with everyone in our cohort and our Defense committee. We could bring a guest so I brought John. When our program director came to our table one of my friend's introduced her to her husband. I introduced her to John. Instead of being a normal person and saying something like,"Dr. K, this is my husband John", I said, "Dr. K, this is John. I met him on my way into the restaurant." Ay Caramba. At least she went with the joke. She told him that he did indeed look like a streetwalker.




I was very happy to have my streetwalker there to celebrate with us.



2 comments:

DreamTNM said...

ahhahaah you are so funny poor John. Congrats you did it!

Natalie said...

I love your shirt- it's very pretty while also looking professional.

I am so proud of you and all the work you have done. I wasn't joking when I said I want to take you out. Let's plan a day.