Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Deepest Kind of Sleep

I am a deep sleeper. I mean a really, really, really deep sleeper. I'm such a deeper sleeper that I wake up still exhausted even after plenty of sleep and if I wake up during the night I'm completely confused. John has gotten used to this confusion so it doesn't phase him at all.

Last week I went to bed before he did and after about thirty minutes of snoozing I woke up thinking I was choking. I screamed out to the living room, "John!!! Help me!!" He came to the bedroom and I said, "Just you! Just you! Shut the door." He assured me that there was nobody at home except him and Kita. He also assured me that I wasn't choking. I said, "Oh. Ok." Then went back to sleep.

Last night during the middle of the night I woke up in a puddle of sweat. I was so wet with sweat that in my confused state I thought John had poured water on me. So I woke him up and asked him if he had poured water on me while I was sleeping. He calmly and sweetly said that he didn't do that. I put his had on me so he could really understand why I had made that claim. Again, he was completely cool about the whole thing even though I had made him touch my sweat. Gross.




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

True love = a husband who will touch your sweat! Hope the rest of your sleep was peaceful.

Pretty as the Morning said...

Ha! This reminds me of how our conversations go in the morning!

Tim: Do you remember that you did last night?

Me: Nope

I agree with Jennifer it must be true love!

Natalie said...

You should talk to Michael sometime about my night terrors. John and Michael could form a support group of husbands with rotten sleeping wives.