Sunday, January 18, 2009

No PF Chang's 1/2 marathon for me today my friend...

A while back my cousin asked if I wanted to run the PF Chang's 1/2 marathon. I was all fired up and excited for the challenge. I started running longer on the treadmill.


My brother told me that to run out in the world I needed really good running shoes. So it was always on my to do list to shop for them but it never quite happened.

About six weeks ago I called my cousin and asked her if she still wanted to run in the race. My thinking was that if she still wanted to run I would still run with her.

When I called and asked her, she said she would run if I still wanted to. We were both relieved and decided to bow out.

The race is going on right now but instead of putting my all into a strong finish like this runner...



I'm at home feeling very happy with my decision.



Maybe next year...or maybe not. Thirteen miles is a long way.

No comments: