Monday, February 16, 2009

Top 10 Monday...

My sister suggested that my blog today be about the top 10 movies everyone loved but I hated. I tried but couldn't think of any. Unless a movie is gross or filmed in a choppy way, I pretty much like it.

There's movies I loved but others have hated but I couldn't think of ten. So I decided for today, instead of a top ten list I would just list a number one.

The number one movie I loved but most people hated is...

Magnolia



Most people who hated it just couldn't get into the idea of raining frogs. For those people I would suggest watching the movie Crash. It's a similar concept for the more "mainstreamed" movie watcher. Just kidding, Jen. Those last two lines were for you =).

4 comments:

The GVZs said...

I liked Magnolia. Okay, here are my 10 movies that I HATED (but everyone else loved):
1. Juno
2. The English Patient
3. Crash
4. The Departed
5. Gladiator
6. Love Actually
7. My Best Friend's Wedding
8. Bruce Almighty
9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the Johnny Depp version)
10. Sweet Home Alabama

Maryellen said...

Did I read that right? Is Juno the number one movie you hated? I LOVED it! Except for her relationship with Jason Bateman. I thought that was pretty creepy.

Never saw #2. I totally agree with you on 3, 5 and 9.

The GVZs said...

I really hated Juno. HATED it. I thought the main character was like nails on a chalkboard. She was supposed to be so witty and wise and I thought she needed to be smacked around a bit. HA. I also really couldn't stand the writing of Diablo Cody, the screenwriter. It might be because I listened to an interview with her on NPR before I saw the movie and thought she needed to be smacked around a bit. But Jason Bateman? Super dreamy.

Anonymous said...

I actually really like the movie Magnolia, but I LOVE the soundtrack. It's the first movie I remember Philip Seymour Hoffman in and I've been a fan of his career choices since then.
-Natalie